Wednesday, November 25, 2009
By Ken Kupchik
As Thanksgiving approaches and the turkeys go from writing their bucket lists to brine buckets, we should all stop and realize that there is a lot to be thankful for. Here is Air America's top ten list of things every progressive should be smiling about.
10) A president who can form a coherent sentence, and answer serious questions without a perpetual smirk.
9) Lou Dobbs running for president, disproving the theory that he is a narcissistic, arrogant, entitled demagogue who believes that he is of ultimate importance to everyone in the country.
8) The Internet, where within minutes we can pull up footage of Rudy Guiliani saying literally the opposite of what he said just several years ago about holding terrorist trials in New York.
7) Ron Regan, who can keep his cool while speaking to a person accusing President Obama of being a terrorist while the rest of us just smash our heads against the keyboard.
6) China for vaccinating pandas for H1N1, and having the highest credit-card limit on the planet.
5) Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, who manage to take mind-numbing-hypocrisy, and turn it into gut-busting-laughter, until Gingrich or Kristol show up and turn it into frantic-channel-changing.
4) Alan Grayson, who is still telling it like it is every single chance he gets. Who wouldn't love to bring that guy to turkey dinner at your conservative in-laws' house?
3) Glenn Beck and DVR, saving you the money and trouble of going out to buy a bottle of Absinthe.
2) Sarah Palin for her new book Going Rogue.
1) Michael Steele, who is probably secretly working for the Democrats.